To make use of the JSON feeds, MSL first has to configure them. Contact email@example.com providing:
- Group ID - We require the ID of the root grouping e.g. the specific branch of your membership tree for which the JSON feed should return events. For example, the JSON feed might be for events beneath your Students Union organisation only, or events beneath your Societies Federation grouping. If you'd like to be able to use JSON feeds across your entire MSL System membership tree the Group ID is 0. For further information, see How to Locate the ID of the Root Grouping
- Image Sizes - You can define a set of image sizes the feed returns - we need to know the dimensions and resize type (i.e. scale, crop, stretch). When the feed is called you'll be able to specify which image size you wish to be returned. This setting is optional.
- Planned Use - How you plan to make use of the JSON feed. If the shared content is being disclosed to a Third-Party system, we will send an agreement change letter to be signed by an authorised signatory.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
You can access this feature from your MSL website.
For further information, see Events Feeds.
How to Locate the ID of the Root Grouping
- Log in to your MSL System Admin site at https://[domainname]/msl/. The Home menu is displayed.
- From the Home menu, select Groups. The Groups submenu is displayed.
- In the Search for groups section, either:
- Enter the Group Name or Group ID of an Organisation type group (e.g. Union or Societies Federation). Click Search. A list of Groups is displayed.
- From the Organisation Type dropdown, select an option
- Click to select the relevant Group. The Group’s configuration menu is displayed.
- The Group ID is displayed underneath the Group Name. In this example, the Group ID is 6013.