You can access this feature from your MSL System Admin site. Only Super Admins with Membership Admins or Site Admins permissions can access the Create New Group window.
For further information, see Self Definition.
- Log in to your MSL System Admin site at https://[domainname]/msl/. The Home menu is displayed.
- From the Home menu, select Groups. The Groups submenu is displayed.
- In the Search for groups section, either:
- Enter the Group Name or Group ID of the Organisation type group (e.g. Self-Defined Groups or Self-Defining Groups). Click Search. A list of Groups is displayed.
- From the Organisation Type dropdown, select an option.
- Click to select the relevant Self-Defining Groups organisation. The Group’s configuration menu is displayed.
- Select Child Groups. The organisation’s Child Groups window, and any existing self-defining groups are displayed.
- Click Add New Group. The Create New Group window is displayed.
- In the Name field, enter the name for your new Self-Define group.
- From the Type dropdown, select a Membership type group (e.g. Membership or List). When you select an option, the Category field is enabled.
- From the Category dropdown, select an option.
- In the Description field, enter relevant information about what this Group is for.
- In the Autopopulation section, leave all the checkboxes deselected.
- In the Requirements section, deselect the Create membership requirement of membership of this organisation? checkbox.
- Click Save. You are returned to the organisation’s Child Groups window.