You can access this feature from your MSL System Admin site. Only Super Admins with Election Admins or Site Admins permissions can access the Election Counts window.
If a candidate is ready to be elected, the word Elect is displayed alongside their name on the Count Details window.
At Stage 1, the MSL System checks if a candidate has already met the quota. If they have not, when the Count Details window is displayed, the count is already at Stage 2.
Before proceeding, ensure that after every transfer of papers, you check if a candidate is ready to be elected before transferring further papers.
For further information, and to download the above flowchart as a PDF file, see Election Results.
Log in to your MSL System Admin site at https://[domainname]/msl/. The Home menu is displayed.
From the Home menu, select Voting. The Voting submenu is displayed.
- From the Voting submenu, select Results. The Results window with a list of all Elections and Referenda with polling completed during the last month is displayed.
- From the list of Elections, select the relevant election. The Election Counts window is displayed.
- Next to the relevant Post, select New Count, then from the dropdown menu, click New Count. The Count Details window is displayed.
- Following the Election Count Process Flowchart, your organisation's Election Regulations, Constitution, Bye-Laws or similar, select one of the following options and follow that set of instructions:
- Exclude a Candidate
- Next to the relevant candidate, click Exclude
- A confirmation message is displayed, and in the Papers to Transfer section, their papers are listed, if relevant
- Exclude Multiple Candidates Simultaneously
- Next to the relevant candidates, select the checkboxes
- Click Exclude Selected Candidates. A confirmation message is displayed, and in the Papers to Transfer section, their papers are listed, if relevant
- Transfer Papers
- In the Papers to Transfer section, alongside the bundle of the highest value, click Transfer Papers
- A confirmation message is displayed, and in the Non-transferable Votes section, any non-transferable votes are listed, if relevant
- Elect a Candidate
- Next to the relevant candidate, click Elect
- Exclude a Candidate
- The count is complete, and a confirmation message is displayed.