You can access this feature from your MSL website. Only Content Editors with access to Website Admin can access the Website Pages window. Widgets in the Site Widgets tab are displayed only to Content Editors with permission to edit pages applied at the root (https://[domainname]/) of your MSL website.
Before proceeding, make sure you have specified the Root Page field on the Edit Blog window. For further information, see Blog Admin.
To create custom blog display pages for your officers, if they already have profile pages containing lots of content like their social media feeds, their manifesto pledges, news articles and an introduction, for example, at /officer/president/, we recommend their blog display page lives on a different page, for example, /officer-updates/president/ with /officer-updates/ being the root page, and /president/ being the blog name. Any content added to the blog's display page is shown on all of the blog's pages due to the Include Page Content in Stub Pages page properties setting that needs to be enabled.
Add a Blog List or Recent Blog Posts widget to any page on your MSL website to display the blog. When viewed, the user will be taken to the blog's display page. For further information, see How to Add a Blog List Widget to a Page and How to Add a Recent Blog Posts Widget to a Page.
For further information, see Blog Widgets.
- Log in to your MSL website.
- From the Admin dropdown, select Website Admin. The Website Admin window is displayed.
- Click Edit Pages. The Website Pages window with a list of website pages you have permission to edit is displayed.
- Next to the specified blog Root Page, select the checkbox.
- Click Edit. The Edit Page window is displayed.
- Click Properties. The Page Properties window is displayed.
- In the Advanced Properties section, select the Allow URL Parameters and Include Page Content in Stub Pages checkboxes, then click Save. A confirmation message is displayed.
- Click Content, then select the Widgets tab. The Widgets section is displayed.
- In the Add New Widget section, within the Site tab, select Blog Widget. The Widget Editor window is displayed.
- Update the fields as required and click Save.
- Click Content, and from the Widgets dropdown, select the widget. The Blog widget is entered into the editor.
- Select the Save/Exit tab. The Save Options section is displayed.
- In the Update Notes field, enter any relevant notes, then click Publish. You are returned to the Edit Page window.